Thursday, June 25, 2009

CItra Hops

My friend Steph got ahold of about 4 oz of Citra Hops, so for Big Brew, we combined making her 1st All Grain batch with about 2 oz of these hops. Made a simple IPA, but did Citra as the last hop addition a few minutes before flameout and then dryhopped with some.

Best. IPA. EVAR.

This beer was sooooooooooooooo good, I can't even begin to explain it. It's like getting hit in the head with a grapefruit... so citrusy and tropical, but still bitter and thirst quenching.

I really hope I can pick up some of these in the fall. If I knew where the fields were, they would be in danger of having "Migrating Rhizome Disease"..

'I'm sorry officer, I have no idea where these hops came from, they just spontaneously sprouted here! All 12 of them! Honest!'

No comments: