Monday, July 28, 2008

Russian River Brewing kickoff, Horse Brass

Went to the RR kickoff at Horse Brass tonight with Jeremie, Jenn, and Bree. Official start of RR sales in Oregon, with Pliny the Elder, Blind Pig, and Damnation making their debut. MMMMMMM, Damnation is officially one of my favorites.

Vinnie? Pretty damned cool, if you ask me. After getting cut off by god knows how many people, I finally pulled up a stool next to the man and had a good long chat before we took off. Told him about our club doing barrel aged beers, and what projects we had going.

He knew us as soon as I said it. Said he recognized the name of the club when he saw it on my shirt earlier.

I was floored.

Then he bought the table a round, and we talked a ton about the club projects. He seemed really impressed, and this makes me very happy, as well as proud of our club for getting the notice of such a famous barrel brewer from out of state.

We exchanged cards, and I'll be talking with him in the future about a possible collaborative project.

Also got to say hi to Carl and his wife (Belmont Station), and a couple that just moved up here from Austin, TX, whose names escape me for the moment (Hey, it was 3 damnations... c'mon)

No comments: