Friday, August 1, 2008

Searching for barrels

Our club is on the search for more barrels. Mark picked up two 30-gallon Brandy barrels today, and is on the hunt for a used White Wine barrel. Ron is looking for a small barrel for his place. Heck, even *I'm* passively looking for a smallish barrel (may look at getting the contact info for Mark's source, 30 gallons of BW in a brandy barrel under the stairs sounds SWEET!). I have a small 3 gallon one, and I have yet to age anything in it, but I'm thinking that toward the Winter I'll be making some beers that would be nice to have in that barrel for a while before I bottle them (Barleywine, Imperial Porter, Belgian Golden Strong, and Imperial Stout)

I still have 5 gallons in the Flander's barrel & 5 Gallons in the Old Ale barrel. I'll be putting 5 gallons in the Mead barrel in August, 10 gallons of a yet to be determined beer in a Brandy barrel, and perhaps another 5 gallons in the 2nd Brandy barrel whenever we get the recipe on that one.

As Jim said earlier today, "Maybe we should change the name to PDX Barrel Brewers"...

He might be right.

No comments: