Friday, August 22, 2008

Adopt-a-Hop

So, Mike wrote to the listserv for OBC looking for someone to adopt some hop plants, and it appears I've scored some healthy Rhizomes for Willamette and Nugget Hops. I am hopefully meeting with him to retrieve those this evening at The Green Dragon.

After that, it's off to Dave's place to drop off his assorted bottles and breweriana that are currently at our place. and then back home for more cleaning and prepping for company this Saturday.

I'd like to maybe get some time in to brew a beer, but I'm not sure that is gonna happen. If so, it's probably just going to be something light and quick, like a blond ale. I'd also like to investigate the possibility of getting a kegerator. We'll see how the weekend unfolds and what craigslist has in store.

Also going to call that company again, to see if I can get someone on the phone that can tell me about selling me their kegs. If I can't buy what they need, I have a person in mind that can maybe make the deal. Maybe I can get a deal from him if I hook him up with a supplier :P

1 comment:

billvelek said...

Cool. I hope you got your hop plants okay, and that they're in the ground. If this is your first attempt at growing them, you might find my 'Grow-Hops' group a very helpful resource; we currently have 2,364 members -- most of whom grow hops. If interested, please visit: http://home.alltel.net/billvelek/growhops.html

Cheers.

Bill Velek